FreeWheelers is a chapter of RVing Women, a national nonprofit 501 (c) 7 corporation, organized and operated exclusively for social, recreational and educational purposes. Our chapter covers Northern California and Northern Nevada. Our FreeWheelers ByLaws provide specific information about our formal structure.
We welcome all adult women interested in RVing to join us. Membership in RVW is our only requirement. We offer a relaxed atmosphere where new and experienced RVers can find support, information, networking, education, meet new people and have a good time. You can participate in any of our planned events or just kick back and unwind for the weekend.
We are a diverse group, coming from many different walks of life. Our members generally range in age from 30ish to 70+ but any woman over 18 can attend. Some are retired, some employed; there are trailers, vans, varying sizes and types of motorhomes, and sometimes even tents when the weather is nice. Many members have pets, including cats, dogs, bunnies and birds; and there are a variety of interests and hobbies represented. Our only criteria is love of the RV life and a desire to share a pleasant respite with other women.
Our members volunteer to make arrangements for a campground where we get together for camping usually the first Friday and Saturday of the month. Each outing is as varied as our membership and the RV resort which we attend. The outing leader decides what activities will occur. There is usually some sort of gathering on Friday and Saturday nights; it may be as simple as gathering at a campfire to a wine tasting to a potluck on Saturday night. We often join each other for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings but there is no requirement that any member attend any group event. Feel free to come, join in, or do things on your own.
You are welcome to attend one or two of our events to “check us out” before joining RVW and FreeWheelers.
For anyone planning to attend one of our events for the first time:
- Watch this website for information about the event. It will tell you who to contact for more information, directions to the RV park, and any planned activities.
- Our “GUIDELINES” page gives detailed information about how we function and what to expect if you are coming to your first outing!
- If you plan to bring a pet please read the Pets section of our Pet Guidelines page for information about “PET’EQUITTE” in our group.
- Things to bring:
- Your own plate, utensils, napkins and beverage of your choice to all planned meals or food gatherings.
- Remember to bring enough supplies for the length of your trip, since many resorts are off the beaten path and/or do not have onsite stores.
- If there’s a campfire in the offing, bring your own chair, beverage, jacket. Wood contributions are always welcome.
- The wagon hostess will usually inform participants if additional or unusual supplies (50 amp only adaptor, etc.) are needed.
We look forward to meeting you!