Come to the Lakes!
Rate: $45 includes Full Hook-ups and a free round of golf every day of your stay.
Please Note: Another group is coming in on Sunday so our group does not have the option to stay Sunday night.
The theme of the weekend is for all guests to enjoy as many of the attractions in the local area as possible. Peruse the following list and choose well since you probably won’t have time to visit them all.
- The Blossom Trail – The beauty of The Blossom Trail is at it’s height the first week of March. It takes about 45 minutes to get to the start, and about 2+ hours to drive the planned route. Prepare to be impressed
- Forestiere Undergound Gardens – a world famous site. Carved/dug by an Italian imigrant in the early part of the 20th century, it is a favorite of visitors from as far away as Europe and Asia. Mr. Forestiere dug his house underground, by hand, to escape the heat of the San Joaquin Valley.
- Fossil Discovery Center – A roughly 10 minute drive. While preparing the land for a sanitary landfill (garbage dump), fossils were discovered and all work was halted. The museum is the outgrowth. It is very interesting. You will see mammoth and saber tooth tiger fossils and many more.
- Frontier Museum and Mining and Mineral Museum
- Frontier Museum – A truly fascinating museum featuring artificats from all aspects of frontier life. Many exhibits and dioramas of tools and engineering feats. Pay attention to how tiny the women must have been to wear the displayed clothing.
- Mining and Mineral Museum – A world class mineral museum (believe it or not). I was fascinated by the huge granite boulders with obvious strains of pure gold running through them.
- Castle Air Museum – On the site of the old Castle Air Force Base. Numerous military aircraft from WWII to today. I think they have a B-52 on display. Angela Pettit spent 6 years at Castle AFB as flight instructor and curriculum developer.
Bring your own drinks, utensils, plates, glasses, napkins to meals
Thursday: Arrive and get set up. If you are early you may want to go to the Fossil Discovery Center
Friday: 5 p.m. Meet, Greet, and Hang-out—Bring you own drinks and heavy munchies
Saturday: 9 a.m. Pot Luck Breakfast
Rig Warmings follow breakfast
4-5 p.m. Meet, Greet, and Hang-out—Bring you own drinks—NO MUNCHIES
6 p.m. Pot Luck Dinner
Sunday: 9 a.m. Clean-out-your-fridge Breakfast & Farewells
Things to do: All within 1-2 hours away
Of course, there are also the National Parks
Use this form to contact the outing hosts: